Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Friday, July 11, 2003

Why are we here ?

Why are we all here, but let’s not get all existential. I have decided to quit the well-known poker forums at least for the meantime, and post my thoughts here instead. Why ? Unfortunately the signal-to-noise ratio on all the European forums has deteriorated badly over the last few months. Mostly they are saturated with anonymous smart-arses who have nothing to contribute at all. When someone makes an effort to post something constructive and well thought-out, they are met with replies of “bollocks” and “you’re a wanker” and so on.

These are open forums and I have always said that censorship should be minimised in these forums, so what can I do. All I can do is decide that I can’t be bothered with it any more. Life’s too short ! However I do enjoy organising my thoughts and soliciting feedback from anyone who does want to be constructive, so here I am.

So I’m going to talk about anything I feel like. I will be quoting some numbers regarding my results in poker, which is not something that’s very common, but a lot of people are interested to hear I think. We’ll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home