Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Monday, May 08, 2006

Back To Work A-G-A-I-N

Nose back to the grindstone today after taking last week off for no apparent reason. It was great. Didn't really do much. Went to visit parents. Played a lot of online MTTs. Visited library (to exercise mind) and gym (body). Cruised the blogosphere.

Back to work today though, particularly unenthused about alarm clock, pouring rain etc. First thing, I was presented with the unit Chicken Hat for breaking the builds the most last month (a particularly good effort seeing as I wasn't there half the time). "Can we have a picture of you wearing that for the Intranet ?". "No". You might remember a minor Fast Show character who just used to say "No ... nooo ... no, we won't be doing that" all the time. A bit like him. So much for office zaniness. You don't have to be mad to work here, but an ill-thought out and clumsy motivational device involving attempted humiliation of those who don't give a toss anyway helps. Oh no wait, it doesn't.

So, tramping back up the hill after lunch (a tasty Steak and Kidney Pudding followed by 120% sugar caramel slice which I feel I deserved after 3 gym days in a row) my colleague asked "won't you be bored when you're not at work ?". I could have assured him that at no point during the last 10 days was I even one tenth as bored as I am right now. The day can't come soon enough. Now to search the Internet for some good bongo tunes.

Update 15/5 : Someone else has now broken the builds more than me. What I didn't realise was, it's called the Checkin Chicken, because you break the builds by "checking in" incorrect files. Oh, the zaniness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Razboynik said...

Hi Andy !
Great blog !
Are you originally from Hampshire ?
Cheers.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home