Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Thursday, January 27, 2005

The Last Word ?

A throwaway line at the end of a Chicago Tribune article about Annie Duke :

"There's more of an urge to pull an upset win because it makes for better television, [Steve] Lipscomb [creator of the WPT] says. But does better TV does necessarily better poker? [sic]
'My answer to you would be, 'Who cares?' ' Lipscomb says."

I'm not quite sure what the question means, but the answer's clear enough. I care, Mr Lipscomb. I care that the game I play is being dumbed down, primarily because you and your bean-counters saw a quick buck. Nonetheless there are upsides too. I am going to take my own advice and make the best of it, and try not to whinge too much about TV and poker for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home