Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Tori ! Tori ! Tori !

Went to see Tori Amos last night and while my reservations about her new material were in part confirmed, she did have a gospel section to pep it up a bit, but apart from that all the songs she did from earlier albums were absolutely fantastic, and she managed to pull out quite a few of my favourites even though they're not obvious stand-out tracks. Even I had something in my eye when she performed an achingly beautiful version of "Winter". We were also treated to a couple of bonus cover versions - don't try to guess because you will never name them - Father Figure and Like a Prayer ! Again these were beautifully done but then again they are brilliant pop songs - there were a few around in the late 80s and early 90s, carefully disguised as cheese.

What else did I do yesterday ? Well I finally did move the TV out into the spare room to gather dust. What's to watch now the football's over ? Gordon Ramsay's Celebrity Desperate Housewives DIY Love Island ? Bollocks to that. What riles me all the more though is that I still have to pay the fucking license just to watch DVDs of Family Guy every now and then, even though the TV doesn't have an aerial plugged in ! Hang on though, what if I flogged the TV/video/DVD (should get about £30 the lot I reckon) and watched DVDs on my laptop ? Victory is mine !!

On my way through I bought in for the Gutshot / William Hill £5000 added on Thursday. Do it now ! You'll never find a better value £200 comp. WH are covering the rake as well so it's effectively £7K added (it's capped at 100 runners). Many of the better players are in Vegas, and I certainly didn't recognise many names on the list when I signed up. Except the name at the top. You have to get up pretty early to beat some people.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy

Me and Mrs Commie were there too!! Have to agree bloody brilliant. First time i've seen her but second for Lainey.

The evening couldn't have gone any better, as she ended the whole thing with my favourite...Hey Jupiter.

Glad you enjoyed it

Cheers

CB

1:27 PM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

I should have mentioned it before to see if anyone was going. Never mind. Did you think the support guy looked like Jesse May ?

Andy.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol...Tom Macrae....Maybe it was Barney on the Cello ! I was waiting for an explanantion of the dealer button. I've seen him a couple of times before. Quite good, but a bit boring if you don't know the material.

Only annoying thing about the night, was being in the circle about 3 miles back. Would have been nicer to see her strutting her funky stuff from a bit closer. Can't have everything though and she was fantastic. The Gospel singers were great as well.

Take it easy dude

CB

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be allright.

Titmus

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home