Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Thursday, October 20, 2005

50 Out, 1 In

Having just unloaded most of my poker library, what do I do but buy another poker book. In this case Greenstein's Ace On The River. To be honest it wasn't as good as some of the gushing reviews have made out. It's different though, and he does know the score. I particularly enjoyed his top 3 tips for winning tournaments, in reverse order, 3) Start at a good table, 2) Have a good run of cards and 1) Enter a lot of tournaments. Got that right :-)

While I'm here it's probably worth noting those few books I decided to keep back. You couldn't really have a better recommendation. They are :

Theory Of Poker - Sklansky
Harrington On Hold'em 1 & 2 - Harrington
Play Poker Quit Work and Sleep Till Noon - Fox
Small Stakes Limit Hold-Em - Sklansky, Malmuth & Miller
The Science Of Poker - Mahmood

and I thought I had kept The Zen Of Poker (Phillips) but I can't see it anywhere so maybe I didn't.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Camel said...

Mahmood is a great guy.

One of the most congennial people I've ever played poker with.

He would be extremely flattered and pleased that his book is in your list.

I haven't seen in him ages, any idea where he is?

11:24 PM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

No idea. I wouldn't recognise the guy if he was sat next to me :-). I do like the book though.

Andy.

8:30 AM  
Blogger David Young said...

He moved to the South coast somewhere - Eastbourne I think. Doesn't play much now.

DY

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was going to buy Mahmood’s book but it got some terrible reviews on 2+2 so I didn’t bother. What did you like about it ?
Can’t believe you sold Ciaffone’s and Reuben’s book on big bet poker.

Kevin

2:42 PM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

I think it's the best PLO advice I've seen by a distance. And it had a pot-limit 7 card stud chapter :-)

Andy.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home