Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Saturday, September 18, 2004

ESPN - it gets worse

Remember this ? The part about the Chuc Hoang - Scotty Nguyen hand. Although I didn't realise it at the time, the guy doing the telling in Tunica was David Plastik.

Now, do you also remember a hand from the 2003 WSOP where Tony D folded JT to Hellmuth's 77 on a board of KJxJ ? Did you think, like I did, WTF ?

Well, now go and check out Paul Phillips blog under "video evidence of ESPN deception", follow the various threads, and make your own judgement.

TV using selective editing to create false impressions is bad enough, but not actually dishonest. This, if it's really happening, is sick. It's about time poker told TV to go and fuck itself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Felicia :) said...

I don't like this at all. Both Paul and Daniel have made these kind of assertions online.

I hope the WPPA can clear some of this up. No organization is perfect, but I volunteered anyway, hoping that some good may come out of it.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

Thanks Felicia,

Do keep us posted on the WPPA situation.

For those not aware, check out www.wppa.info . This is very new, and all I know about it comes from that website and a small leaflet, but they are certainly coming from the right direction. It's something I would be very happy to support, if I hadn't just decided to kick MTTs into touch :-)

At some point I am going to post a list of the blogs I enjoy reading - I have just discovered Felicia's on http://www.felicialee.net/blog, check it out.

Andy.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home