Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Swearing Update

Apparently Hellmuth was 20-minuted from the WPT LA Open today for swearing. You'd better believe that if it can happen to Hellmuth then they won't hesitate to do it to you or me. That's it for me, NO more swearing at the table. Good habits.

BTW I also mentioned last year that I was talking to the dealer who dealt the Hellmuth-Grizzle confrontation at the WSOP. She told me that while Hellmuth could be incredibly rude she had never heard him swear. Further evidence that Phil is cracking up ? I have to wonder. His outbursts seem to be more and more bizarre, and it's no secret that he had a very poor year last year. And in some ways it's sad, but he wouldn't find much support from the poker world in general. What goes around comes around in the end, you'd really better believe that.

20/2/05 Further update : " Young Phan yelled as he got a bad beat to get knocked out,'Can I say fuck now?'". Now that's funny. I'm surprised they didn't 20 minute him for the next one. OK although they have some odd rules, the tournament staff in the US are usually very very good, and everyone is treated the same. Yesterday Hellmuth, today Lyle Berman, who basically owns the WPT, was 20-minuted for bouncing a card off the table !

PS And yes I know this info comes from the much-reviled Mike Paulle. I'm just keeping track of things here :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger redsimon said...

You didn't see the WSOP TOC thing on Challenge? Old Phil was in full sweary mode at the end after Annie Duke won.

If they time barred at Notts Gala for swearing it be a quick tourny for sure...

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are there any well known players out there with Torret's fucking syndrome...yow buggers?

DL

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you mean "Tourette Syndrome"....

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home