Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Nothing Says I Love You Like ...

Here's a verbatim extract from an Email I received from Ultimate Bet yesterday :

"How much would Dad love you if you won him a seat at Camp Hellmuth ?"

Frankly this is such a rich comic seam that I will leave you to mine most of it for yourself. Just one thing I be thinking though. I, with my EV obsessed brain, be thinking, if you try to win a seat and lose, does that still count as a present ? I reckon it does. After all the EV was there. Which would lead to this touching scene on Father's Day :

"Dad, this year I've done something really special for you. I entered a satellite for Camp Hellmuth. I didn't win, but you wouldn't believe the hand I went out on, I mean he called me with like a pair of Jacks ! Donkeys always draw ! Anyway I love you Dad". "I love you too son".

Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind the usual suspects Andrew, both the UNUSUAL SUSPECTS were in the building as well, which is rare ;-0 With half our old cast in the house, Mr Jung on form and that Mr Fannyjelly with the delightfully gay moustache, it was tempting to pick up our pens again. Almost.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOPS, wrong door ;-)

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home