Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Holiday In The Sun

I am really tempted by the Caribbean Poker Classic . Not to play the $6,000 event but just to go, play some single tables and lead-up events (there's one each day from $200 up to $1000) and hang out in the sun. It looks more attractive than Tunica don't you think ? Of course expenses are treble what they would be by the banks of the Mississippi, but you know what, I could use a holiday and I don't care. If I decide to go, then I'm going. I don't need to spend all my time trying to qualify for it as I am capable of booking flights and hotels myself. Of course if there are any added money sats online then I can give them a spin.

Did anyone go to the corresponding event last year ? Anyone else thinking of heading out there ?

And while I'm here congratulations to Lawrence Gosney on his WSOP win. I got chatting to Lawrence in a super in Vegas a couple of years ago, and he's always been friendly any time I've seen him since. Nice one.

4 Comments:

Blogger redsimon said...

Last years was in St Maarten, so this is a "bit" different. There seems to be a large overlay in the weekly sats Crypto sites are running for it, whether that will last I dunno, but going there instead of Tunica will probably be a good move after the overcrowding there last January.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Rob Sherwood said...

Hi Andy,

I am hoping to go, but only if I win a satellite. I wouldn't want to buy-in directly even if my bankroll is big enough.

;-)

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy lets have your thoughts on the Simon Trumper controversy?

11:07 PM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

Rob, you should go anyway. You don't have to play the main event to have a good time at these things. I think I can handle three days by the pool while the pros sweat that one out !

Anon, it's all a bit "he said she said" at the moment and may never be any more than that. One thing I will say, it was depressing the number of people on the Mob Forum who seem to think that any kind of bad behaviour is fine and "if you don't like it then play online".

Andy.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home