Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Monday, November 28, 2005

Finding Your Level

An earlier departure today in the $500 No Limit, very little value on my table, just one guy I knew was weak from playing against him in a Sit and Go the night before, but he rocked up totally and might as well not have been there. Brian Wilson was my main foe, he won a bracelet last year which he was slightly ostentatiously wearing at the table, still I suppose we can excuse that. He had a slightly odd penchant for check-raising with top pair weak kicker. Doing this he doubled me up when I had Kings, but won it back when I didn't believe his check-raise on the river. So I was back around 2600. Raised KT, rock woke up and reraised, I passed. Raised AK, 2 callers, missed. Cut-off raised, I went all in with 77, he had JJ and that's all for today. The field looked tougher all round to me, I think that a lot of the qualifiers were given $1000 to play the undercard tournaments with, so they weren't playing today, and a few more pros have arrived. So I'll skip the $1000 tomorrow, and the Omaha rebuy tonight, and chill for a couple of days.

Update I knew it ! I fucking knew it ! I had a chat with Brian Wilson when the tournament was on break and he confirmed that when he check-raised me on the river he thought he was behind (with A8 on an A high board) and was trying to make me put down the best hand. My instinct was that his betting pattern was all wrong so I called him with QQ. It's not often you make the right read with the wrong result on the river. Nice guy, and he has a big stack now, I wouldn't be surprised if he was there or thereabouts when the dust settles. I just played a $100 Sit and Go and ran into AA straight away so maybe it just wasn't to be my day today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fred Titmus said...

Too much of this "I had x, he had y" nonsense. Don't you still have that coaches-in-the-car-park blog somewhere else?

We want to hear more malicious gossip and actionable slander !

5:36 PM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

x is a good hand. I couldn't believe it when he turned over y.

Andy.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home