Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Monday, April 03, 2006

By Reading This Sentence You Agree To Let Me Kick Your Teeth In

A day off today. Hard life. Oh it's going to be sweet when every day's a holiday. After donking off [1] 20K chips in the $10 Rebuy on Stars, I took the air for a constitutional, and nipped into Tesco's on my way back for some Snack-A-Jack's mini bites and low fat cheese. Prevention is better than cure. Anyway, on my way out I saw a sign reading "If you park in this car park for more than 2 hours you agree to paying a £70 charge".

Fuck off ! Don't tell me what I agree to. Even if I don't have a car. At least it's not my job to think up stuff like that.

[1] As I believe they say on the street. By the way, can anyone tell me where this "pwned" word comes from ? Pesky kids.

About 20 seconds later : fine, don't bother. Google is our friend :

A corruption of the word "Owned." This originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a player, it was supposed to say, so-and-so "has been owned." Instead, it said, so-and-so "has been pwned."

It basically means "to own" or to be dominated by an opponent or situation, especially by some god-like or computer-like force.

"Man, I rock at my job, but I still got a bad evaluation. I was pwned."

OR

"That team totally pwned us."

1 Comments:

Blogger SimonG. said...

Likewise insurance companies. I just found out I have taken out an insurance policy because they sent me a certificate and it was up to me to write in and tell them I didn't want it before a certain date. I'm sure in my schoolboy days there was something called The Unsolicited Goods and Services Act. Of course they don't put up a fight when you complain, but no response=sale!

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home