Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Friday, June 23, 2006

Cold Turkey

Well, it's all happening now. Last day at work yesterday, no fuss and out the door. Didn't manage to play the boss's head like a bongo but never mind. Picked up the keys to my new flat today, went in, everything seems to be in order. Made a call to arrange for broadband - da da daaaa ! They can't do it until after I fly out (next Friday). Seeing as I'm moving my stuff on Monday that could mean three days without the Internet !

I'll have to go and look up Trainspotting to see what provisions he made for going cold turkey. Cold chicken soup was definitely in there somewhere. Yuck. It's going to be hard. There isn't even any football on Wednesday or Thursday ! Maybe a little calm before the storm won't do any harm. I could even find my way into town and feel some cards and chips in my hand, just for a little warm-up. I'll have to do something !

2 Comments:

Blogger David Young said...

What happens now to Secrets of the Amateurs?

DY

2:03 PM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

Well, I haven't posted any Secrets for about 6 months and that hasn't stopped me ... I kind of like the name even though it is now, as you say, totally inaccurate.

Andy.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home