Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Statto Obv Busto

While clearly this twat who's suing William Hill is claiming the busto sports bettor limelight, another interesting case may have slipped under your radar. I only saw this as I was macheteing my way through the jungle of free papers on the tube, when one of them fell over my face and I was trying to claw it off. Angus "Statto" Loughran filed for bankruptcy this week. Popular legend had it that Statto lived in a mansion with a coterie of Filipino women tending to his every need, all paid for by gambling winnings. I dare say this was slightly exaggerated, but he may well have lived in a two up two down with one Filipino woman tending to his every whim paid for by gambling winnings, or something like that. Not any more I guess. The doomswitch can strike anywhere.

Update : Where I said "slipped off your radar", replace with "been blogged about by everyone else already in the day or so I've been offline". Damn you, information superhighway.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Statto came into our office for an evening jolly up when I worked (sic) at the Squirrel.

He stunk.

Literally I have never had the misfortune to come across anyone with worse personal hygene than Mr Loughran.

That's all I've got.

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guy who lost all that money is sick obviously.

Calling him a twat is like calling someone with cancer a cunt.

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Point taken but it's the way he's trying to get it back. Maybe I should reserve more of my ire for the lawyers, but it kind of goes without saying what I think about them.

Andy.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The guy who lost all that money is sick obviously.

Calling him a twat is like calling someone with cancer a cunt."

Whataloadofbollox....that's like saying that obese people deserve sympathy because they have psychological problems - yes, sew up their mouths or remove their oesophegus (in tests statistically both these straightforward procedures lead to significant weight loss fairly quickly)

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home