Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Friday, July 20, 2007

Back In One Piece

As above. The flight was a bit rough on the way in again, and it didn't help that a woman two seats across was hurling her guts up, but I managed to touch down with nothing more than a cold sweat to show for it. Also on the flight were Marty Wilson and arch-hagiographers Des Wilson and Tony Holden, who I would have hidden from had it been at all necessary. In fact it wasn't, as all three of them stood about four feet from me for 20 minutes in Vegas airport without blinking an eye. Which is all to the good quite frankly, there's no reason why they should recognise me and that's fine by me. On landing though I did see Philip Hilm, and quickly shook his hand just to say that I remembered him from Day 2 and well done. Over the years I have finally learned to show a certain amount of tact in these situations so I avoided any mention of chip leads, first player out or bokking.

Although it wasn't a great flight I did manage a couple of hours kip here and there which makes a big difference. Even so, a couple of days in a darkened room won't do any harm. And the last Harry Potter is out tomorrow ! What will happen ! I'm sad but I am actually interested to see how it turns out. I'm also quite sad because Lee Cook has signed for Fulham :-(. Good luck to him, he definitely deserves to play at the top level.

With that, you might be better off tuning in to my football blog soon enough, as I'm afraid normal can't-be-arsed-to-update service will most probably be resumed on here. Thanks again for all the comments, it's always good to have people funking for me and tuning in for a taste of Vegas.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Andy,
Pleased you are back in one piece! It was great to see you out in Vegas. Thank you very much for treating us to a meal at Hyakumi. We enjoyed it so much we ended up having a total of 3 meals there!
Hope to see you again soon.
Alice

11:29 PM  
Blogger Lord Miros said...

Yeah cheers buddy. Try not to forget that I ended up paying for a meal myself. Cunt.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not my fault the Camel pwned you at spoof !!

Andy.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you,
ru gonna grace us with your presence in luton in a fortnight...or do you only air the live game in the states??

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The £1000 might be worth getting out of bed for :-)

Andy.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home