Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Dreaming Of Lions

That's about it. Neil, Al and Tristan busted out yesterday. Willy Tann and Julian Gardner succumbed this afternoon. Now, I'm sure there are lots of nice guys and good players left in this event but it's of no account to me which one of them wins. If there's anything to say to the remaining players, do your best, enjoy it and try to keep it in perspective. Oh, and tell all those agents to go and ... well, my family read this blog now. I'm sure I don't need to draw you a picture :-)

I hope all the guys I mentioned above aren't too disappointed. As I said on Pete B's blog in connection with my own second place, if you always want more, you'll never be satisfied. Only one person will come out of this event without the temptation to think about the saddest words "it might have been". It might have been what though ? I could speculate about Jamie Gold's mental state, given some of the stories I've heard about him, but I won't. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Missing out on a bracelet by maybe 4 or 5 hands really didn't bother me for very long, but I only have one foot in this poker world and I am (just about) still connected to the real world enough to be happy about turning $40K in the hole into $80K profit on the trip whatever else might have been. On a trip to the bookstore last week I picked up an audio book of "The Old Man And The Sea". I remember reading this book at school and it having no impression on me whatsoever. Listening to Donald Sutherland read this book over the last couple of days was different gravy though. As I understand it, and no one else can understand it for me, the theme is that winning or losing doesn't matter as much as being a man and doing your best. You only answer to yourself. Sleep well guys. Dream of lions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home