Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Monday, August 23, 2004

I'm a Loser baby, so why don't you kill me

OK. Olympic problem Numero Duo. Losers are not heroes. They are losers. Half an hour ago I sneaked a look over someone's shoulder in the supermarket to read the tabloid headline (front page as well) "Tears of a Hero". Hmmm. Throughout the history of epic literature, have heroes been renowned for quitting half way through and bursting into tears ? I think not. However hot it was.

Personally, it doesn't bother me much either way what British sportsmen do. Judge a man by what he does, not someone else who was born on the same bit of mud. Apparently though, there are people out there who are bothered. Well if you want a better result next time round, drop all this returning hero bollocks for someone who lost. When, say, an Australian athlete comes home and says "well I made the final and finished 6th" or "I couldn't believe how hot it was", are they called a hero ? No. They're called a loser and told not to come back until they've won something. Which is why they overachieve in the sporting world. If anyone cares anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home