Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Saturday, October 09, 2004

The Bees are Buzzing

Well I hope you saw the football on TV today. By which I mean Barnet v Dagenham and Redbridge of course ! If you had particularly eagle eyes you might have spotted me in the main stand, rocking out to Green Day on the headphones and enjoying the 5-0 goal bonanza. And all without Grazioli and Hatch ! Barnet might not have the squad to go all the way but it should be fun trying. The only downside to the day is that Dagenham's custodian Tony Roberts is the QPR goalkeeping coach ...

Meanwhile England disposed of Wales comfortably enough. I couldn't understand why Wales wanted to stand off and try to pass it. Their only chance was a pitched battle. And how fat is John Hartson ? I'm just kicking myself I didn't place some kind of bet on Azerbaijan - Norn Iron. That had 0-0 written all over it from the first kick. My prediction for Wednesday : 2-0 England and Wright-Phillips for the first goal. You heard it here first !

5 Comments:

Blogger redsimon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:00 PM  
Blogger redsimon said...

Andy,

Would Barnet be able to get into the League with their ground? Seemed to have the football on the pitch tied up, ran over Daggers...ground looks sub par though.

cheers

simon

12:00 PM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

Barnet's ground has been below standard for many years. While they were in the League, it was allowed provided they were trying their best to improve it. However once they were relegated (thank you Tony Cottee) it was a major problem. They have been trying to move ever since but are being severely obstructed by the Conservative council.

However as I understand it now, they have a dispensation from the League which means they are allowed to re-join if they win promotion. It would be great for the club and the town as they do a great deal of community work, coaching and so on. Fingers crossed.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy

Buzz off (joshing)

I have long admired your undoubted wisdom and articulation on the subject of poker and other subjects.

There have been many times when I have nodded in agreement when reading your posts and now find this blog a must read.

I once thoughtyou were a QPR fan which is admirable, but it appears that your first love is Barnet.

Bless you for your enthusiasm.

Hope your team gets away lightly this coming Saturday at the 'Champions Elect'.


Best Wishes
Highland Blue

ps I rememeber a visit to Barnet some 8/9 years ago on a wet Tuesday night. I took refuge under what I had first thought was a simple covered area. After 10 minutes of rain dripping down my neck I looked up to see no roof - just a steel skeleton. To be fair the stewards eventually opened up part of the side terracing to us and we enjoyed a 2-1 victory. Hurrah lol.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

Thank you that's very kind. Just one correction though, it's QPR first and last and always, but I do have a soft spot for the Bees. Did you know they lost their first ever league game 7-4 ? Start as you mean to go on !

Andy.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home