Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Saturday, July 09, 2005

More Excellent Footage

From Paul Phillip's WSOP blog type thing on www.slate.com

"[Jennifer Harman] had moved all-in on the river with queens full, a powerhouse hand that could be beaten on that particular board only by an unlikely four of a kind or an even more improbable straight flush. As her opponent called, he said, "Looks like it's an early day for me, I guess I'll go do some sightseeing." And then he rolled over his unbeatable straight flush."

Maybe I was out of line to be so critical of Annie Duke below based on hearsay, and maybe a poster was in order to (effectively) ask me who I was to criticize her, but I truly hope that no one with an attitude like the hero above gets deep enough in this event to influence the TV generation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home