Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Sunday, July 02, 2006

I Hold These Truths To Be Self Evident

It will save a lot of time if we just take the following as read for the duration, unless I say otherwise :

It's fucking hot.

Harrahs are trying to squeeze every cent out of this and, although they're entitled and perhaps even required to do this by their shareholders, it doesn't make them any less of a bunch of cunts.

All the poker magazines, daily reports, press releases and such are puffed up PR bollocks and I'm going to ignore them entirely. Although the one I saw that said "Poker Playing Plumber Has No Leaks" was almost so bad as to be amusing. If you want to find out what's really going on, check the blogs. Be selective though.

The standard of play in the smaller single tables and second chance tournaments is absolutely woeful. Yum yum. No one has a clue how to play when the blinds are high. As such, these are much better value than the regular tournaments, where the mindset "3 big blinds then fold to the reraise" is much less punishable.

And did I mention it's fucking hot ? Well it is.

Finally in other news, I scored a ticket for Pearl Jam and Sonic Youth at the MGM Grand. Rock !

4 Comments:

Blogger MadYank said...

When is the Pear Jam Sonic Youth gig?

I get out there on the 11th. Im staying at the RIO. Give me a shout.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

Pearl Jam is this Thursday, the 6th. MGM Grand, $55 if anyone who's here is up for it.

See you in the Rio Ron.

Andy.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hold this truth to be self evident:

madyank is a cunt.

8:44 PM  
Blogger MadYank said...

That's MR cunt to you MR Anon

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home