Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Thursday, January 18, 2007

In The Bank

The cash arrived in my bank account at home this morning, so (bearing in mind the lesson of Juno And The Paycock) now it's time to celebrate ! Large Hot Tea over here please !! Hats off to the staff here for sorting out the transfer, although they seemed very doubtful about the procedure at the time, and a rare hat off to the bank (First Direct) who changed it at $1.981 which is better than I was expecting. This seems to be a very good time to bank some money. With Neteller pulling out of the US market and Gutshot losing their case, poker is at least temporarily on a downturn. Gutshot are appealing (insert own joke here) but unless they have a better reason for the appeal than "because we lost" this seems like throwing good money after bad to me.

So now I am safe from anyone popping up and saying "Hey, I got someone out of Scooby Doo to wear a shirt for you, give me half". And if Jamie Gold keeps rebuying on High Stakes Poker 3, he might need that money. Not that he's playing so badly, but I can't see what he's going to gain from playing in this game. Money won or lost is neither here nor there you would think ; if it's kudos he's after, I can't see how he's going to do much good on that front. I mean he's not going to outplay Brunson or Negreanu, and if he lucks out on them the kudos won't be forthcoming. Meanwhile if he should get stacked by Matusow or Sheiky ... anyway Matusow wins the irony prize so far for calling Bill Chen (co-author of The Mathematics Of Poker) a "frigging idiot". Oh the humanity.

Finally a couple of snippets back here in Tunica : I gave one of my "Jesus knows how to Hold-Em" chips to a guy called Jesus. He was well pleased with that. I do like to spread a little happiness where I can. And in the same tournament, as I moved to a new table there were about three separate pots on the table and, as usual, someone was complaining about an opponent "betting into a dry sidepot". However on closer inspection the complainant was one of the short stacks who was already all in. That was definitely a new one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So for all us Andy groupies out there - when does the main event start, and will there be live coverage of any sort?

1:14 AM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

What a thought. It kicks off at 12 noon here tomorrow which I think is 6pm UK time. A bit of a shame as I would have liked to distract people at work. Pokerpages will probably have someone there but I doubt if I will be one of the featured players :-)

Andy.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home