Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Here's Why We're Fucked

I saw two posters in town today, right next to each other, on a bus stop as it happens. The first one was a "cleaner environment" poster, encouraging people to walk or take public transport. Great. The second one had two pictures. One was a speed camera. The other was a little kid looking into one of those picture-box play cameras. And the tag was something to the effect of "If you lose your licence speeding, it'll be like being a child again". I can't remember the exact wording but I swear I haven't exaggerated it.

So there you go. Save the planet. Provided you drive your own car. Because if you don't do that, you're not even a man. Our grandchildren will curse us with their dying breath.

1 Comments:

Blogger David Young said...

I've seen that ad too. And while I'm a meat-eating, car-loving, red-blooded male, even I thought it was bizarre. I've got friends who've never even taken a driving test. What is the ad saying about them?

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home