Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Glucklich

If I remember my O-level German correctly, the same word (above) meant both "happy" and "lucky". It will do for today's mood - I scooped two single tables today and trousered about $4000. I played pretty well in the first one with a slice or two of luck, and just had a horseshoe up my arse the whole way in the second one. Which is fine, that's supposed to happen 1 in 10, your profit is in nicking the odd one that's not "yours".

I can't believe I've been here a week already, I've hardly settled in. I'm definitely staying another couple of weeks at least. More and more people are showing up every day ; The Camel is still in the $2500 (second day) so I might pop across there again later for some funking.

Also a quick Pearl Jam update : gnarly show. I really enjoyed it. Eddie Vedder was struggling with his voice, as he admitted it would be "a bit scratchy" but he gave it the full gun throughout as you would expect. The highlight for me was a segue of "Black" and "Better Man" towards the end ; I'd have been happy if they'd ended it there, but you know how when they haven't played your favourite song and you're like damn but then they pull it out right at the end and it's like Yes ! Rock !! They did that with "Porch" which rocks like a bastard. Result. Results all round !

3 Comments:

Blogger Andy_Ward said...

They didn't ; I was talking to a guy who had seen several shows on the tour and he said they changed the set every night so that's just luck of the draw !

Andy.

3:41 PM  
Blogger MadYank said...

Hmmmm. Pearl Jam were OK IMO. At the same time as Nirvana's peak Pearl Jam were mere pretenders to the grunge throne. EVentually I came to appreciate some of their bits. Saw them live at the 2nd Lollapalooza festival and they did put on QUITE a show.

More Interested in Sonic Youth. Now THEY were the SHIZNIT!.

"My friend goo has a new tattoo..."

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw the "Glucklich" title, I thought this was going to be a story about a date with Jean Gluck.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home