Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Black Day For Comedy

Jesus, Daniel Negreanu is really losing it. Now, the race issue is not what I really want to focus on here. I actually believe him when he says it isn't racially motivated, etc. etc. The real issue is that suddenly he seems to think he is a comedian. Not just a funny guy at the table but an actual stand-up, plan it all out, full make-up, on stage to an audience comedian. And OK I haven't seen any of these routines but he just doesn't strike me as being very funny. He comes across on TV as someone who thinks he's a great deal funnier than he actually is.

Now I'm the first to admit that I think I'm a great deal funnier than I actually am. But I don't feel the need to go as far as Daniel does. The guy needs some time off, very badly, and for his sake I hope that his wife or friends can convince him to take a break.

Update : I've just noticed that Warren at Pokerverdict is commenting on much the same thing. Obviously Warren thinks DN is funnier than I do, maybe that's just according to taste, but it's interesting that someone else has picked up on how hard he is trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home