Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Sunday, June 08, 2008

On The Treatment Table

This morning I woke up with someone jagging a knife in my neck every five seconds, or at least that's what it felt like, so I took my life (or at least my wallet) in my hands by calling a local doctor. To be fair, he was very good, and I feel a lot better. It was kind of funny though when he gave me a stern lecture about acupunture and Chinese medicine : "You don't know what's in that stuff. And they're only out for profit". Then he injected me with something I've never heard of and charged me $400.

Seriously though, I do understand why it's so expensive. The litigation-happy culture in the US has pushed medical bills through the roof and the general attitude seems to be "if you don't like it, go to law school", as in this poker instance related by Terrence Chan. Having found the guy in the Yellow Pages, I checked afterwards and found that the book contained 87 pages of physicians and 213 pages of attorneys.

Anyway he also gave me some cortisone tablets. Just like the footballers ! With that I should be fighting fit and ready to go tomorrow. I have decided to spend as much time as possible playing WSOP events and screw everything else. I didn't come out here to grind. For example, there's a comp at the Venetian today, but if I went deep I'd be knackered by the end of the day ; if I made the final I wouldn't be able to play the shootout tomorrow ; and all for the possibility of $30-40K which isn't going to change anything. I'm here to spin it up and try to win $300-400K which would enable me to make some things happen that I'd like, not to grind and get my money back. I grind 11 months a year as it is. So I'll be on a very aggressive WSOP schedule this week, especially now I feel much better physically. Let us gogogogogo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home