Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Thursday, July 31, 2008

On TV !!!1!1!!

OK, so apparently I was on TV ... last night. Doh. I was kind of expecting that Matchroom would say something like "World Poker Open starts on Channel 5 this week" on their website, but if they did, I missed it.

Fear not though ! Thanks to the magic of the Internet, you can still check it out (if you're in the UK). First of all go to Channel 5 Demand :

http://demand.five.tv/Home.aspx

Click "Join myFive" on the right hand side and fill in usual name & Email address. Caveat emptor, but I can confirm that they haven't sent me any spam in the half hour I've been registered. Once you've done that :

Click "Browse what's on Demand Five"
Click ""PartyPoker.com World Poker Open IV" (or any other of the fine programmes on display if you prefer)
Click "Episode 2"
Watch programme
Give programme 5-star rating along with comment such as "That Andy Ward is awesome, he should have his own show".

Or after registering, you may well be able to click here directly :

http://demand.five.tv/Episode.aspx?episodeBaseName=C5141090002

Enjoy !

4 Comments:

Blogger MackemPlus1 said...

lol

Caught the last 10 minutes last night by accident. By then it was just about to go HU and the commentators were stroking your.......ego something rotten!!!!

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just watched the show on five on demand. Screen quality not bad even at full screen resolution on a 24in monitor.

As for the play, well, the good Doctor summed up the performance of one of the players ("he's had plenty of opportunity to get his chips in..."), while one of the others seemed to fail to win despite getting hit in the face by the deck.

Dave Gregory seemed to miss a few opportunities, which surprised me, as I've seen him play before and there were some situations where he seemed to be struck by Hellmuthitis ("There'll be a better opportunity in a minute...").

Of the rest that I saw, it seemed much like a $50 sit'n'go with two good players (maybe three), one luckbox and one nutter who was always going to either go out early or get heads up with the most chips.

Didn't feel that I learnt anything from watching it that I didn't already know -- and I'm hardly a sit'n'go black belt.

Still, makes a change to watch other games. I did it while compiling reports on PT3 ... multi-tasking indeed.

PJ

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I caught the whole thing last night Andy. Well played. definately deserved as you were by far the best player. What struck me though was the poor quality of some of the play. I know it's highlights but still. One of the blokes comments summed modern poker up for me (think it was the nutter that went out early.) He basically said poker was pure luck and you just need to throw all your chips in the middle and if you get lucky then all power to you. I see this every day at my local Grosvenor, but it's good to see it's everywhere.

Well done.

Stay lucky

CB

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the show and "Yes" you did good and congratulations.

Every poker player who finally does good get's him/her a very nice watch, you don't have to be show offy but you deserve to treat yourself.

In the US, people are very focused on teeth, again look the best you can and enjoy the ride.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home