Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Dude Looks Like A Lady

This in-depth report popped up in a few places yesterday. It doesn't surprise me. Way back in the mists of time, I was "Cassandra" on IRC poker. This wasn't out of any subconscious desire, I don't think ... but if it was subconscious how can I be sure ? Cassandra was not, in this context, Rodney's bird out of Only Fools And Horses, she was the figure in Greek mythology who was cursed with the gift of accurate prophecy, but doubly cursed in that no one would ever believe her. She would say things like "No don't bring that horse inside the gates, it's full of soldiers" and everyone would go "yeah right". I identified with her situation (and still do).

Anyway one time at band camp, I mean on IRC, some redneck threw a fit because I outdrew him or something and starting making lewd suggestions as to what he would do to me should we ever meet. I let it run for about 5 minutes and then pointed him towards my user information which revealed my true identity. He wasn't very happy. Me, I felt dirty and used. But deep down inside part of me enjoyed it.

Moving on, perhaps I should have been a professor of psychology. Then I could write reports containing insights like

"Griffiths suggested that players who pick the names of Hollywood stars, dead or alive, are trying to look glamorous and successful, while those who choose aggressive names are trying to project confidence".

Thanks for that Professor Science ! How much did they pay you for that !?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home