Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Monday, August 22, 2005

Shouting The Odds

That Lionel Hutz is a good judge of a player and no mistake (where it says World Poker Tour, click that and then click 'Gutshot Festival Main Event'). Nice to see some respect for once ! Unfortunately I have no intention whatsoever of playing a £300 comp for 4 days at Gutshot. Not that it will last 4 days - after a day and a half of 10 minute stare-downs and chip-twiddling, even the keenest ESPN fan will get bored and start launching it all in. I can't see the likes of the Clock and the Guvnor giving up 4 days for it either can you ?

I thought they meant the £500 at the end of the month which I have more than half a mind to play. Almost a whole mind in fact. Added money, Gutshot satellite qualifiers, added money, EPT at the Vic on the same weekend, did I mention the added money ?

While on the subject of wily wagers, how good would this have looked :

"If I did, then a 4-way win only accumulator of Tottenham, QPR, Brentford and Barnet would surely be the way forward."

if Rangers had won on Saturday ? Early days or not, that would have been funny. Damn you Rangers, let me down again.

2 Comments:

Blogger SimonG. said...

How the hell am I 33/1 also?
I think that must reflect the likelihood that I might have a decent punt on myself rather than the likelihood of me playing it for 4 days and winning.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home