Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Further Simplification

No mortgage, no TV ... no car. It's the glue factory for my no-longer trusty steed. A blown main gasket on the M25 is more than I can fix with WD40 (or even Cillit Bang) and the cost of repair is almost certain to exceed its value once repaired. Seeing as I only ever use it for driving to Luton (which I can't be arsed to do any more) and to see my parents in Essex (as I was trying to do today and can almost as easily do by train), that will be that.

So pretty soon I will be able to become an anti-car nut as well as an anti-TV, anti-newspaper, anti-religion and anti-career nut. It's always nice to broaden your interests. And if that was you God, we'll call it quits. Although haven't you got anything better to do ?

It's funny though how I now think of all financial transactions in terms of EV. £100 to join the AA on the spot and be towed home wasn't too bad, and I might be able to get some of that back (seeing as I don't really need another 12 months' membership). If I had stayed in the company scheme that would have been £40 a year on the chance that I would need assistance. I lost the pot, but the value was there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home