Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Monday, July 17, 2006

Lather, Rinse, Repeat ... And Rest

The title refers to DY's blog which says "lather, rinse, repeat" in relation to what I'm doing with single tables, quite correctly. It is just a question of sitting there and making simple, technically correct plays over and over and over again times a thousand. In the last couple of days though I've found it more difficult ; I think my brain is rebelling against the routine. What happened was I moved here to the Gold Coast to be close to the action, but they only had suites available. The suite is very nice, but $100 a day extra, and I felt obliged to play some more single tables to make up the $$$. Now I've booked a regular room for most of the duration (I'm flying back just before the main event) and I should chill for a bit and just play what I want. I didn't expect to be $7000 up at this point and as long as I don't go nuts I should be able to cover all expenses and trouser a grand plus English on the trip at least.

I might try an MTT or two on the Strip in the next few days, Caesars, Wynn, Venetian etc. More rock on Thursday, glam rather than grunge as David Lee Roth hits Vegas ! While Pearl Jam pulled out a spangly jacket and did one Elvis number for show, I expect the Rothmeister to glitz it up in full Vegas effect, it should be fun. There's not much else happening around here, except that apparently Harry Demetriou went berserk and was carted out frothing at the mouth today, if anyone was there let us know how it went down !

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave D said...

Slightly off topic, but is your deal calculator still available somewhere? Having kept it for years I know can't find the blasted thing :(

cheers

Dave

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Harry going off.

Yesterday's 2k NL shootout only drew 600, so Harrah's in their wisdom made each table 6-handed. Harry then went ballistic, saying he'd call gaming, wanting a refund, looking for someone else to talk to, etc. He eventually got his money refuned. Negreanu got blinded out of his table when he showed up late, he wants a refund as well or he's boycotting every event until the ME.

Also worth noting, today's $1,500 PLO event was turned into a $1,500 w/rebuys. They announced that Sunday afternoon. The excuse from Harrah's was that it was a misprint and was supposed to be w/rebuys all along. They're allegedly offering refunds to those that wish, but who knows what's going to happen to those that turn up late.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

Anon, thanks.

Dave, Email me and I'll send it to you.

Andy.

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home