Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Then Like My Dreams They Fade and Die

Never mind bubbles bursting, bubbles colliding next month as Luton and Brighton have managed to schedule their festivals simultaneously. Never attribute to malice aforethought what can be just as easily attributed to incompetence. On whose part we don't know, but it really does make you shake your head. What are they thinking ?

I've never understood why Luton have festivals in December and January anyway. It's like they don't realise that, despite it being a new year, they're still only 4 weeks apart. Expect turnouts of a pre "poker boom" nature. It is, however, an ill wind that blows no one any good. I would expect about the same turnout of local fish at each, with the better players split between the two. Smaller fields = smaller variance too (a better chance of winning in plain English). I should definitely blow the dust off the bankroll and have a nibble at one or two of the Luton comps.

Update 20/12 : Apparently Brighton have showed some common sense and moved their festival to the following week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pinkfloydfan said...

I look forward to crossing swords with you in the stud then Andy...always assuming that there is a stud comp.

Of course, we could go on for ever moaning about the lack of stud cash or comps: I personally agree with yourself and Ram Vaswani in believing that the difference between a good and bad poker player is most marked at stud...It's hilarious to read all these people who claim that their advantage is greatest in NLHE when surely that form of poker has the smallest difference between the good and the bad player, the greatest variance and the largest fields...a case of too much television with brain disengaged?

Pinkfloydfan

9:54 AM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

There is a Stud comp, and an Omaha, but I won't be playing those as I prefer to save my holiday for proper festivals. By which I mean American ones !

Might see you tonight if you're going though.

Andy.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Milkybarkid said...

I saw that the two festivals collided yesterday. It does seem totally ridiculous that they clash. I even added a comment saying that on THM. I think i may try Luton as i have never been there and was due to come to the last festival.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home