Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

$2000 Stud (Busto)

Bumped out of this one about 1am last night. Frankly I thought I did well to last so long. I've never seen so many people pair their doorcards in general, and specifically against me. 6 times from memory, I passed my big pair four times, called a couple of times with bigger two pair than his open pair / 2 pair + straight draw on 6th and both times lost to trips or better. I'm not sure if I could have called one or two of the others, but if someone pairs their door by 5th and you only have one pair, I think it's usually best to just drop it for the loss of a few small bets.

Oh well. It was quite fun again. Chris Ferguson was on the table, and in fact I took quite a few chips off him as he was the only opponent I could make big pairs hold up against. This sounds like a bit of a moan and I even let one slip last night the 6th time, which I'm not proud of, but I have to get used to losing more pots in limit games. You just can't lose more than 3 or 4 reasonable pots in a row in a $2000 NL without busting out. Like the 6-handed, the stud game rattles around and you play a lot more hands. I still have the SHOE and the Hi-Lo to play and I'm looking forward to those.

Walking to the Amazon room to play the event I said hello to Rolf Slotboom. When I asked him if he planned to play the Stud and the PLO rebuy (today) simultaneously if necessary, he laughed and said "I'm not here to make sensible financial decisions. If I wanted to make sensible financial decisions I'd be at home playing online". QFT as they say on the forums. I'm $10K down so far but what the hell. Onwards and sideways.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazed at the low number of comments on this blog. Here's one to encourage you to KEEP POSTING!!! Best stuff around. I am sure I am not alone.

Srogd

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Frode, I appreciate it.

Thanks as well to Jesse and Rob at www.luckbox.tv, I can't hear their audio updates properly because my connection is poor but Neil tells me they have been giving me some shouts in their blog roundups.

Andy.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home