Get It Quietly

Football, bollocks and a bit of poker if you're lucky.

Name:
Location: Enfield, London, United Kingdom

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Is This The Best I Can Do ?

I shouldn't mock I know, especially the afflicted, and alcohol problems are not something to trivialise but someone on the radio today read out the news snippet "Charles Kennedy insisted that he was not in denial". That works on so many levels. Apologies all round to anyone whose life has been adversely affected by alcohol.

Is that the best I can come up with in a whole week, for my (cough) loyal readers ? You know what, I think it is. I am beginning to think that blogs have run their course. I expect elevator boys have poker blogs now, you know what I mean ? And most of them suck. Most of the ones people are paid to write suck. Still, to paraphrase Heinlein, most of everything sucks so there's no cause for surprise.

I still love playing poker but I think most of what I wanted to say about it, I have said. We'll see. One thing though, to those known blogging associates of mine who are currently larging it up in the Carib, come on ! Entertain us with sick poker tales. If it helps we're freezing our arses off here, so you could always give us the rub-down before hitting the beach at least.

(10 minutes later) bizarrely, we can link blogs, the Caribbean, known blogging associates and even arses by looking here (PCA: Adjustment to Day 2). I exclude this Pokerstars guy from my blanket blog criticism, he's quite good. Check out the photos. Is that a familiar arse in pic 2 ? But what strikes me is how miserable everyone looks ! Lighten up !! They all look like someone's run over their dogs, as Steve Dannenman once said.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Camel said...

I guess there is a strong possibility that the arse in question was mine.

Lots to write about on this trip but as internet connection is 50c a minute it wilkl have to wait 'til I get home.

Anyway, got some sunbathing, swimming, lazing around to do. And that's much more fun.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Brad "Otis" Willis said...

Thanks for the nice words. Exclusion from a group of yahoos makes me feel slightly less horrible about myself. Hope you keep reading. And tell The Camel I said howdy when you see him again. :)

That PokerStars Guy

11:34 PM  
Blogger Andy_Ward said...

Keith,

I acknowledge receipt of one rub-down, delivered as requested.

Brad,

Cheers, keep telling it like it is !

Andy.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home